A Brief History of Kaipara College
A brief history of Kaipara College • About Us • Kaipara College
Kaipara College is situated in the beautiful South Kaipara district, north west of Auckland city.
The school's location allows it to draw on the best of the urban and rural characteristics within its community.
The college was founded in 1924 as Helensville District High School, becoming Kaipara College in 1959. A devastating fire destroyed the last original classrooms and many years worth of archives and resources belonging to the original school in December 2006.
In 2018 we will be celebrating the 60th anniversary of Kaipara College and 2024 will be the centenary of the school.
The school draws from a wide catchment area. From Riverhead, Kumeu and Muriwai in the South, through to Glorit and Tahekeroa in the North. The College population of approximately 800 students is diverse and the school caters for a range of individual needs. The relatively small size of the school allows students to be recognised for the qualities that they bring to the school.
The facilities of the school are impressive; modern and purpose built, enabling high quality teaching and learning to take place. The school is on a nine hectare site, with over 80% of the buildings new or redeveloped since 2009. The growing school roll is leading to ongoing investment in state-of-the-art facilities over the next four years.