Kaipara College Uniform
There were changes made to our uniform at the beginning of 2017. In 2018 all students must wear the new uniform. All students will be required to wear school jackets. Other jackets will not be allowed in school. All these changes have been brought about following consultation with our community.
We thank you for your support.
Year 13 students may also wear formal navy blue suits otherwise known as ‘number ones’.
Uniform Store Hours:
Monday 8 am - 9.30 am : Wednesday 1.10 pm - 2.10 pm : Friday 8 am - 9.30 am
Methods of Payment:
Eftpos, Credit Card, Cash and layby with a small deposit, are available at the shop. Quotes for Income Support can be given. Visit the uniform shop for a fitting first.
Kaipara College Uniform from 2018:
- Kaipara Trousers
- Kaipara Shorts
- Kaipara Skirt
- Kaipara Shirt (short & long sleeved)
- Kaipara Blouse (short & long sleeved)
- Kaipara Ribbed Jersey
- Kaipara Jacket (no other jackets permitted)
- Kaipara Cap (no other caps permitted and only to be worn outside)
- Black Socks or black tights
- Kaipara Tie
- Kaipara scarf
- Plain flat-soled, totally black LACE UP shoes (not ankle boots/high tops)
- Kaipara Year 9 PE uniform - blue shorts and navy/red top - compulsory
NOTE ON PERSONAL GROOMING AND THE WEARING OF UNIFORM:
- Skirts are to be worn at knee length
- No facial piercings except for one small nose stud
- A wrist watch may be worn
- Small studs in pierced ears are acceptable. Only small, round ear stretchers are permitted. NO other jewellery is permitted.
- No make-up is to be worn
- Boys must be clean shaven
- Kaipara College scarves may be worn
- No visible t-shirts/thermals/skins etc to be worn
- The sports Hoodie is not part of the school uniform and is NOT to be worn at school
Managing School Unform:
Kaipara College is a uniform school.
Parents are required to ensure that their children wear correct school uniform. The school will not grant permission for students to wear non-uniform items on an extended basis, unless approval has been given by the Board of Trustees. The Board will only grant this permission in medical circumstances where there is appropriate medical documentation provided to the Board. In rare circumstances, students may not be able to wear a uniform item. Parents should write a note to the school explaining the circumstances and the school will issue a permit which is only available from the Deans office during Form time. The school reserves the right to require students not in correct uniform to wear loan items of uniform while at school.